Black Rock Gear Tech Specs
Here at Black Rock Gear quality is our number one priority which is why all our products are made from only the best materials available. Whether it’s our fabric, our goose down fill or a specialty run of Ultra-Sil you can be sure it will last for years and look like new each season. Our standard fabric is a premium ultralite down proof ripstop material available in a number of colors. It is finished with a high quality DWR coating which does an excellent job at repelling water. It is smooth to the touch which makes for a comfortable fit whether you are hiking the trail or using our gear as part of your sleep system. We also pride ourselves with excellent build quality and focus on ultralite warm gear to keep you comfortable without the weight. Ounce for ounce Black Rock Gear keeps you warm when and where it matters.
- Black Rock Gear Fabrics:
- -0.64 oz Super Ultralite Ripstop “SevenD” 7x10d (New batch slated for Mid November 2015)
- -0.9 oz Ultralite Ripstop 20d (1.05oz/yd with DWR Coating)(Original Black Rock Hats and Undermitts)
- Insulation: 950 Fill Power Hungarian WhiteÂ Goose Down
- Liner Materials: Dryline (Elastic Stretch Polyester)
- Thread: Gutermann 100% polyester
- High quality 50d Damask Woven Labels
Any lined products, such as the Black Rock Hat use Dryline which aggressively pulls moisture away from the body to the fabric surface where it disperses and dries quickly. This High performance material quickly evaporates moisture so you stay dry and comfortable. Dryline is lightweight, durable, and abrasion resistant which will not lose shape. It also includes VisaEndurance, a microfiber polyester that has been embedded with SILVER IONS. These silver ions prevent the growth of bacteria. No bacteria. No smell.